1. Season the beef with salt and pepper and sauté in olive oil, over high heat, until well browned.
2. Add all the COOK at HOME cooking sauce, 2 cups of water (500ml) and stir well.
3. Cover and simmer until beef is tender (about 2 hours). During cooking, check if any additional water is needed.
4. Add about 5 cups of water (1.200ml), the orzo, salt and pepper if needed, and keep boiling for another 10’ stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
5. Serve with freshly-grated gruyère and coarsely ground pepper.
• 1kg beef (shoulder or chuck), cut into medium chunks
• 1 COOK at HOME cooking sauce for
beef casserole in tomato sauce
• 40ml olive oil (~ 2,5 tbsp.)
• 1.700ml water (~ 7 cups)
• 500g orzo, medium
• 100g gruyère cheese for topping
• Salt – pepper
Tip: In case you use a pressure cooker, cook for 50’ until beef is tender. Then, add 5 cups of water (1.200ml), the orzo, salt and pepper if needed, and keep boiling uncovered for another 10’, stirring constantly.